|“||History repeats itself||„|
Anak ni Waray vs. Anak ni Biday[note 4] (lit. Daughter of Waray versus Daughter of Biday) is a 2020 Philippine television drama series broadcast by GMA Network. The series is based on a 1984 Philippine film of the same title. Directed by Mark Sicat dela Cruz, it stars Barbie Forteza and Kate Valdez.
The series premiered on January 27, 2020 in the network's Telebabad line up replacing Beautiful Justice.
The series was stopped airing starting March 17, 2020 due to the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic, with a total of 37 episodes. It was temporarily replaced by Kambal, Karibal in its timeslot.
The series returned by January 18, 2021 on its original timeslot replacing Encantadia. All-new episodes returned by February 8, 2021.
The series concluded on March 12, 2021, with a total of 62 unique episodes and 77 total episodes. It was replaced by First Yaya in its timeslot.
To be added.
The series also features San Juanico Bridge, connecting the islands of Leyte and Samar.
Cast and characters
- Barbie Forteza as Ginalyn Malatamban
- Kate Valdez as Caitlyn Agpangan
- Snooky Serna as Amy Malatamban
- Dina Bonnevie as Sussie Agpangan
- Jay Manalo as Joaquin Javellana
- Teresa Loyzaga as Dorcas
- Celia Rodriguez as Zenaida
- Migo Adecer as Cocoy
- Faith Da Silva as Agatha
- Benedict Cua as Benny
- Jean Saburit as Vanessa
- Tanya Montenegro as Glenda
- Lovi Poe as young Sussie
- Max Collins as young Amy
- Jason Abalos as young Joaquin
- Mike "Pekto" Nacua as young Randy
- Alyana Asistio as young Glenda
- Pinky Amador as young Zenaida
The series was first announced on November 19, 2019. The first teaser of the series along with its first title card was released in December 2019. The second teaser of the series was released on December 28, 2019. The third teaser was released on January 2020.
Principal photography was suspended starting March 15, 2020 because of the enhanced community quarantine in Luzon due to the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic, however, filming resumed by September, somewhere in Cavite. The series is announced to return by November 23, 2020, but is delayed to January 18, 2021 for unknown reasons.
To be added.
- Main article: Anak ni Waray vs. Anak ni Biday (2020 remake)/Gallery.
- Episode 34 was delayed from its original schedule due to the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic, where it was replaced by a special announcment from the President of the Philippines, but it was still aired within March 12, 2020, only in a different timeslot.
- Actual episode count, not counting recaps or replayed episodes.
- Total episode count, including recaps or replayed episodes.
- Spelled as Anak Ni Waray Vs. Anak Ni Biday in YouTube, however, all external sources, along with the series' official title card, and the original movie itself is spelled as Anak ni Waray vs. Anak ni Biday.
- Most of the series takes place in 2020, however several scenes in the first five episodes takes place in 1998.
This is a list of references for Anak ni Waray vs. Anak ni Biday (2020 remake). These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
- The series served as the reunion project for Kate Valdez and Alyana Asistio, both previously appeared on-screen in The Return of Godzilla, released in 2018.
- The series remake does not follow the original film more closely, due to the decision to change it into a drama series from its original comedy film format.
- Various iconic scenes from the original film were either removed or replaced by new scenes.